Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last night, our little family rung in the New Year sound asleep, snuggled in our beds, and it was absolutely perfect!

We celebrated earlier in the evening, family style, hosting a fabulous dinner with Josh's mom, brother and his brother's girlfriend. On the menu - Beef Tenderloin with a yummy mustard glaze, Cabernet Thyme Reduction, Caesar Salad with homemade dressing, Champagne Risotto with Asparagus and for predinner nibbles, Hot Spinach & Artichoke dip. Everyone contributed and it made for a relaxed fun night with family.

I was happy to to be able to use my china and add a little festive table setting (its in my blood as a party planner).



This morning, our goal is to stay in our pj's as long as possible and just hang out. Looking back over 2009, its amazing the way our life has changed. Having Jackson in our lives has brought me a new perspective, and I am so grateful for that. We've had so much joy in our life the past 12 months, but there have also been plenty of struggles. As I get used to living in the "grown up" world more and more, I realize that there will always be struggles. Its how you deal with the challenges and how you celebrate the positive that really defines your life.

I don't usually make resolutions, but I have a few this year. For a broad resolution, I hope to make the most out of my time with Jackson. To encourage him as he grows and enjoy the different stages that are to come. Another resolution is to eat better and healthier, meaning less processed foods. My goal is to remove high fructose corn syrup from our house. I picked this ingredient since it is in the majority of processed foods, and I'd so much rather eat plain old sugar. I won't throw food away, but I'm not going to buy anything with HFCS anymore. However, I will give myself the right to have a soda now and then, just not in the house. (Can't give up Dr. Pepper completely!)

What are your resolutions for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment