Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Fun

Jackson went to his first birthday party this weekend for his friend Katelyn, who turned one. It was held at Little Monkey Bizness, an awesome place for a party, with slides, bouncy areas and a fun place for little crawlers. Jackson was all over the place and showed no fear going down, or up, the slides.

Jackson loves Katelyn...

Happy guy...

Fun on the slide...

Climbing up...

..and into the tree house...


For the birthday girl, I was able to practice my sewing skills and made a cute pillowcase dress. I really had no idea what I was doing, but during Jackson's naptime I was able to make this:


I'm pretty proud of it, especially since I didn't actually start with a pillowcase, just a yard of fabric. For the pattern, I copied one of our pillowcases and then worked from several free internet tutorials to make my design. Unfortunately for Jackson, there are so many cute sewing projects for girls, I just have to keep my eye out for cute boy stuff I can make for him. Until then, I'll make girly gifts like this one for my friends.

Speaking of birthdays, plans are underway for Jackson's 1st and I am very excited. Since I am no longer planning weddings and parties professionally, I think I will have to keep myself in check with the extreme amount of things I want to do for his birthday. When you start wondering how much a margarita machine rental is, you know its time to step away from the planning. (And also remember that this is a kid's party!) Oh well, you only have one 1st birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment