Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sign Language Update

In a previous post, I mentioned that I was going to start working with Jackson on some signs. Well, I saw some results just a few minutes ago! This week, Jackson has had a cold and a decreased appetite, so his feedings and bottles have been all off. As I was putting him down for his nap I was wondering to myself if I should give him a bottle before the nap or after. I was going to wait, but as we were reading a book, I noticed he was doing a one-handed clap. At first I thought he was working on his "hi" and "bye" wave. Then it hit me. That motion is pretty similar to the sign for "milk." Duh, mom - way to pay attention. I made him a bottle, which he promptly gulped down and he is now happily napping way.

Success! Can't wait to see what he signs next!

No comments:

Post a Comment