Friday, November 13, 2009

Free Things Babies Like

With Christmas just 6 weeks away, I've been thinking a lot about gifts for Jackson. It would be SO easy to run to Target and get him all the latest and greatest in baby toys. But, in the interest of keeping within my budget and trying to keep my house from looking like Toys R' Us exploded in it, I will have to curb my excessive shopping desire.

He's only 8 months old after all. How much will he really remember? Since everyone says babies mostly have fun with the wrapping paper, completely ignoring the actual gift, I looked back to the normal things that Jackson enjoys that don't come from toy store.

Here is my list of free things that babies love. Forget Black Friday - just wrap these household items up in shiny paper and enjoy the holiday.


Cardboard Boxes

Door Stoppers

Shadows

Good Old Fashioned Family Fun
Puppies

Not pictured, but also huge favorites:

Tupperware
Metal Bowls
Wooden Spoons
(Together, its like an infant orchestra)

Okay, so some of those on the list can't be wrapped up. But the main point is to not stress about the perfect gift for Jackson. We just have enjoy him in the moment - something that is so easy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment