Friday, May 28, 2010

On the farm


This week Jackson and I went on a trip to The Urban Farm. Located right in Denver, the non-profit farm works on "improving the lives of children living in high-risk, urbanized neighborhoods by helping to create a sense of positive self-regard and self-reliance, a strong work ethic, and hope." How wonderful!

I have heard about this farm for a while, and was excited when my mom's group scheduled a tour there. It was a gorgeous spring day and we were both very excited. As we waited for the tour to start, Jackson got to meet and pet his first animal...what a cute bunny!


We then walked along and fed sheep and goats...



And we checked out ducks, chickens and turkeys. Jackson liked petting a duck and a chicken.






Jackson really liked the big turkey who was posturing for the crowd and showing off his feathers.
We also saw donkeys, cows and two giant pigs. The farm offered pony rides at the end, but I didn't want to press my luck with Jackson, who was exhausted. We'll have to come back... I heard they sell farm fresh eggs on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment