Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kentucky Derby

We partially hosted a neighborhood Kentucky Derby party on Saturday. It was a progressive party where we traveled throughout the day to 3 houses. I was really excited about this party since I absolutely love the Derby. I baked a ham and biscuits and everyone brought a dish. I meant to take pictures throughout the day, but only took a few in the beginning...

The buffet waiting for the food
I found these horse cutouts at Michael's and thought they would be perfect for the raffle
I have found the perfect recipe for mint juleps, and these were the main reason I never took more pictures of the party. Yum! I used this recipe and made it even better by purchasing the crushed ice from Sonic and leaving some club soda on the bar for anyone who thought their drink was too strong. The bottle was empty in no time!
Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment