Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Farm Box Wednesday

Today we picked up our third farm box of the season. I realize I never posted last week's box, so today I'll go over both.

Last week we received:

2 bunches of spinach
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 head green leaf lettuce
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch dill

This week we received:

1 bunch spinach
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
1 bunch radishes
1 bunch Italian parsley
1 bunch green onions

It has been a little overwhelming with all of this green in the house, but we have made good use of it. We've had all sorts of salads, right now we are enjoying greek salads with kalamata olives and feta. With the spinach I made Giada's Lasagna Rolls, which were awesome! The prosciutto worked so well with the spinach - delicious! Josh also made a huge batch of salsa with the cilantro from both weeks. I also found success making Chicken Lettuce Wraps and I've been wrapping things in lettuce ever since.

This week I need to figure out what to do with the radishes. I haven't eaten them in years and I wasn't a fan back then, so we'll see. Maybe I could try pickling them...

No comments:

Post a Comment