Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Farm Box Wednesday

Today we picked up our first CSA delivery of the season. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture - last month we bought a single share of veggies and fruit from Grant Family Farms, an organic farm in northern Colorado. The shares are delivered to locations all over Denver, and we pick the food up at our designated time/location. We will get a delivery once a week for the next 26 weeks. We start getting our fruit share next month from a farm on the Western Slope.

In our box today:

-Small bag of spring greens
- Head of butter lettuce
- Head of green lettuce
-bunch of spinach
-parsley
-cilantro

Lots of greens! I've never had this much lettuce in my fridge at once, so I've got to get creative with my menus this week. So far, I'm thinking of BLT's, chicken & lettuce wraps (Pei Wei style), some salsa to use up the cilantro, and I will probably saute and freeze the spinach for Jackson to have anytime, since he loves it so much.

Usually I think of my menu and then go shopping for the ingredients, so I'm really looking forward to getting creative and using up whatever happens to arrive with my share each week. This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment