Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Spring

The last two weekends have been a flurry of activity at our house. Much like the plants and flowers awakening from a long winter, we have found new energy and have been working hard to spruce up our house.

Last weekend, we switched rooms in the house, moving Josh's office to the downstairs bedroom and our guest room is now upstairs, where I still have my desk. This works so much better, allowing Josh to have all of his work papers and supplies in one area that we can completely close off from our inquisitive little boy. We also got a good portion of our yard in order, pulling weeds, removing branches and putting down new mulch. It looks so pretty now that the tulips are popping up.

Our dishwasher quit on us last week, which was a huge obstacle for me. I immediately mandated that we use paper plates and disposable utensils, but even with that the dishes overwhelmed me. I understand I probably sound a little spoiled, since I know many people who don't have dishwashers, but I have found they are a necessity with a toddler at home. Our new dishwasher arrived midweek, and Josh installed it all by himself!

At the same time as our dishwasher issue, we were offered a free washer & dryer. Those are the perks of knowing a great real estate agent! Our washer and dryer worked fine, but we couldn't afford to replace another appliance if they happened to break down, so we said yes right away to the upgrade. So, for a few days last week, we had a broken dishwasher, washer, dryer and about 8 bags of branches and lawn debris on our porch. Classy!

Jackson has been enjoying the spring as well. He likes to watch Josh work in the yard and check out out all of the progress. Pretty soon, he will be at Josh's heels offering to "help." We are convinced he will start walking any minute. He takes up to 3 steps at a time, which is so cute! I'll have to get it on video for everyone. And he has increased his climbing skills...earlier this morning I found him on top of the dining room table. I have no idea how to deal with this...we really need to bolt everything to the walls, because I think every piece of furniture is a challenge that he must conquer.

We also started a new music class on Fridays. He absolutely loves it! While most of the other children sit in their parents lap, Jackson likes to sit in the middle of the circle and then visit with everyone. During the last class, he went around the room giving all of the little girls hugs...what a flirt!

I'm excited about all of the new things happening here, and I think this spells out good things for the upcoming summer. Oh, and we found the shoe we lost on Easter at the zoo! Its been a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment